Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Riad refuge


This shot is from the roof terrace at our riad in Marrakech (can you see the mosque in the background?). It was stunning up there and definitely a refuge from the bustling streets below! I must say, while loads of people I know adored Morocco, I have mixed feelings. The weather was brilliant and I had a really, really fun time with my girls but the near constant hassle from the local men (and the odd shove from the local ladies) wore us down. I got a few decent photos though - when I wasn't having abuse hurled at me! (Headscarfs didn't make a scrap of difference!?) I think it'd be a completely different experience if you went with a fella. But I got some sun, a hilarious story or ten and our riad was looooooooooooverly!! x

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God! Not looking forward to going now - even with head scarves??

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, even with headscarves!! good luck!

    ReplyDelete