Friday, 27 November 2009

An ode to the brogue




I know I've been kicking off all my posts with I love this, I love that but I really, really, really have fallen for these babies. I got my lovely Steven Madden brogues in New York the other week and while they initially ripped my feet to shreds they are now amazingly comfy and I've barely taken them off. Brogues are the perfect autumn/winter shoe. I dabbled in ballet pumps but got perennially pissed off when it rained because they would dissolve like cardboard. They also always slipped off. But my brogues, oh my brogues, with their lovely laces they don't fall off even when I'm running for the bus. And I can jump in puddles as they have an actual, solid sole - hallelujah!! I am an utter convert and as such brogues will be my shoe of choice for a while to come I believe. x 

No comments:

Post a Comment