Monday, 7 December 2009

Ooh la la





I had a fantastic but fleeting weekend in Paris with my ladies Leah, Nicola and Tanya and miraculously the weather wasn’t anywhere near as bad as it was supposed to be. Early December is a great time to go. It is so Christmassy you can’t help but get in the festive frame of mind. Everyone knows the French are more stylish than the British, and the Australians, but the Christmas lights in Paris particularly kicked ass! While us Londoners have glowing advertisements for the latest, invariably awful, holiday film starring Jim Carrey, the Parisians have gob-smackingly beautiful chandeliers lighting up the streets. We laughed a lot, particularly when Leah's usually impeccable French failed us as we were ordering dinner on Saturday night, resulting in three out of four of us accidentally choosing fried intestines. I nearly gagged when Leah finally twigged and while Tanya gave a stellar effort and continued eating, half of her so-called sausage ended up on the floor. Yuck! I can still taste it! So I made it to Colette, a gorgeous clothes shop, which is ridiculously out of my price range. It was as fantastic as I expected although it was uncomfortably full as it was late Saturday afternoon so we didn’t hang around for long. I didn’t make it to Acne unfortunately as I got us all lost. Oh well, there’s one in Sydney so I’ll go in A WEEK AND A HALF!!! Sorry, the weather is just so dreadful right now I can’t help but think about 35 degree heat!! Below are some idiots we came across near the Tour Eiffel.



3 comments:

  1. Ew gross! Intestines!!! I love your photos! did you stay at the Hotel de Louvre?

    week and a half!! yayay! x rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you kidding? we stayed in a shit hole! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha loving the blog Hel Bels, and the pictures. The so-called sausage still haunts me..... Tan xx
    p.s I love our jumping shots!!

    ReplyDelete