Wednesday, 16 December 2009

Taking tea



On Saturday, my lovely friend Jade and her boy Chris had some friends around for 'high tea' in honour of them packing up their lives and moving to Paris in the new year. The spread was incredible! Jade's carrot cake, above, was especially tasty while Chris' egg and cress sandwiches were also a roaring success - and very posh with their crusts cut off! Jade, who looked the part pulling trays of cupcakes out of the oven in a Stepford Wives-inspired floral minidress and heels, is taking up a job at bilingual broadcaster France 24 and Chris, a graphic designer, has talked his boss into transferring him to the firm's Paris office - result! I'm going to miss you guys but with the good ol' Eurostar I'll be on your sofa every second weekend. He he!! P.S. Jade where can I get your dress? Actually, don't think you'll need it in Paris, can I have it?! x

1 comment:

  1. You should check out the Frankie 'afternoon tea' cookbook.. Frankie magazine have released a little cookbook full of retro recipes.. slices, cakes and other afternoon delights!

    ReplyDelete